From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-10 07:34:29

Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> writes:

> troy d. straszheim wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 02:36:54PM -0700, Robert Ramey wrote:
>>
>>>a) the VC 7.1 errors are most likely due the fact that bjam cannot be
>>>counted upon to detect dependent changes. I had the same problem on my own
>>>VC 7.1 system and had to explicitly rebuild the library to get the error to
>>>go away.
>
> Grr, Robert please stop saying that.

Yes, blaming the tools without evidence is a common rookie error; I'm
surprised that someone as experienced as Robert should make such an
implication. Normally a few embarrassing incorrect accusations are
enough to stop a person from doing that (I learned my big lesson in
this when I was still a teenager).

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting