From: Keith MacDonald (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-10 05:26:42

Thanks for posting your report here.

I understand why the decision was made not to support wide-character file
names in Filesystem (http://www.boost.org/libs/filesystem/doc/faq.htm), but
it misses half the point. The implications are only considered in the
context of portability of applications, but what about portability of the
library? If I want to write a wide-character application that runs only on
Windows, I cannot use Filesystem, without sacrificing the ability to open
all files with names that are valid to NTFS (other than by guessing which
code page to convert from). For this reason, I don't think that Filesystem
should be considered for inclusion in TR2.

- Keith MacDonald