From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-17 07:11:56

Scott Schurr wrote:

<snip>

> I am hoping that with these changes the template will survive
> appropriately picky compilers with no warnings or errors. Unfortunately
> I can't verify my changes because my compilers are passing both the old
> and new versions of the template.
>
> I have uploaded the new version of the zip to the sandbox:
>
> http://boost-consulting.com/vault/
>
> under the name binary_int.
>
> I hope that I actually improved the template :-). I'm sure I'll hear.

Compiles and works now without any warnings or errors.

For the next test, I changed struct test_values (in binary_int_test.cpp) to
the following:

     struct test_values {
         uint64_t hex_value;
         uint64_t bin_value;
     };

This additionally needs #include <boost/cstdint.hpp>.

When compiling and running this (on both 32 bit and 64 bit systems), I got
the following error:

At test_array index 40 8a6c4e20 != ffffffff8a6c4e20
assertion "test_array[i].hex_value == test_array[i].bin_value" failed: file
"../binary_int_test.cpp", line 118

Markus