From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-17 09:06:28

Hi Arkadiy,

I've got the RML example for the new query and it is in the miliseconds
range.

There is one optimization that you would need to add so that we can compare
RML vs RTL:

before running the query you can create a 2-dimensional map with the city
locations so that when you check the distances for each city you don't use
compute the distance for all points but you limit the calculation to a range
of cities that are below a cutoff distance (where the cutoff distance is
greater than 5 km)

Regards
Jose