From: John Smith (paz_temp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-21 06:30:27

Thanks for the quick response.
Still no success, getting the same problem:

UnsignedAnalysis.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void
__cdecl boost::re_detail::raise_runtime_error(class _STL::runtime_error
const &)"
(?raise_runtime_error_at_re_detail_at_boost@@YAXABVruntime_error@_STL@@@Z)
\MyProject\Bin\Debug/MyProject.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
externals
Error executing link.exe.

To make my first message more clear:
a. I fully succeeded to build the 'boost-regex' libraries using bjam.exe
b. The linker problem occurs to me when I try to build MY DLL (which
includes regex headers and try to link with regex dynamic lib for using the
DLL)

>Toolset names are case sensitive, that should be -sTOOLS=msvc-stlport.
Ok, done this.

>Also don't add STLport path to your INCLUDE variable, pass the right
>STLPORT_PATH to bjam instead (check the docs on the msvc-stlport toolset
>for
1. Ok, do not modify INCLUDE anymore.
2. I pass the STLPORT_PATH by setting an environment variable by this name
(I think this is the way?)
It seems that this is working correctly as all regex libraries are built,
and during the build process I can see that 'msvc-stlport' is being used.
HOWEVER - as mentioned above - still the same problem...

>If you do the above then regex will auto-link to the right libraries
>without
>you having to specfy the names (which is error prone at best).
For some reason this is not working for me, if I try to use the auto-link I
get the next error during compilation:

warning: STLPort debug versions are built with /D_STLP_DEBUG=1
s:\...\auto_link.hpp(175) : fatal error C1189: #error : "Build options
aren't compatible with pre-built libraries"

However, I can live with this problem...

Thanks for the help - Paz