From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-27 06:56:22

"Andrew Maclean" <a.maclean_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Do you feel like doing one for CMake - it would be a lot more useful in that
> it is cross-platform (*nix, Macs, QNX-Neutrino, Windows) and also generates
> the requisite IDE files eg. KDevelop3, Borland, Microsoft VC ?

I was afraid someone might ask that. There's a slippery slope here:
we don't want to have to support N build systems for each of M
libraries, which is where we were before Boost.Build. Boost.Build
turns an NxM problem into an N+M problem. Ideally, Boost.Build could
generate all these other build system formats (or at least, generate
CMake format and let it do the rest). Patches welcome, as always.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting