From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-29 04:43:59

My first impression is that this is a bit over-bureaucratic. You obviously
need this sort of style managing 8 offspring ;-) , but Boosters are all
volunteers and we have to be greatful for all the help we can get.

Authors are severely handicapped when writing documentation by knowing too
much.

And they are often exhausted by the process of getting the code to work on
the myriad of inconsistent platforms and versions.

So _any_ documentation editing is likely to be an improvement.

So I think you should just ask for someone (usually only one - we don't have
_common_ tools for handling versioning and changes well) willing to
contribute to editing each library. The code author and the editor will have
to try to agree: only if they are uncertain should theygo out to the wider
Boost audience.

Since I have the advantage of having English as my first language (and not
the corrupted version of those renegage ex-colonials ;-), and I have enough
knowledge of other languages to greatly admire those whose first language is
not English struggling with the erudite esoteric elite Boost discussions, I
may offer to edit some documentation.

HTH

Paul

PS And I've read Eats, Shoots and Leaves.

--
Paul A Bristow
Phone and SMS text +44 1539 561830, Mobile and SMS text +44 7714 330204