From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-03 15:29:24

Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Here's a pre-release package of Phoenix-2. Jaakko and I agreed
> that it will be the basis of the Phoenix and Boost Lambda
> merger. This version is Phoenix 1 + Lambda + a lot more.
>
> Take note though that this is not a drop-in replacement of
> Phoenix-1 for Spirit users. In particular, there is no
> closure support. Phoenix-2 has true local variables. The
> plan for Spirit-2 is to replace closures with local variables.
>
> Docs: http://tinyurl.com/77pz5
>
> The pre-release package is here:
> http://spirit.sourceforge.net/dl_more/phoenix_v2.zip
>
> Just drop it where Phoenix-1 is and run the examples/tests.
> Comments, feedback very welcome!

  Composites

  What we have seen so far, are what are called primitives. You can
  think of primitives (such as values, references and arguments) as
  atoms. They are not decomposable.

What does that mean to me, the reader?

Is not this primitive/composite distinction purely an implementation
detail?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting