From: Jez Higgins (jez_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-04 07:26:30

Jose wrote:
> On 11/4/05, Jez Higgins <jez_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> In other cases, and I accept that I might be unusual in this, SAX
>> is the right thing to use.
>
> For large XML files, an event or libxml2 reader api is the only option
> Which other cases do refer to ?

I was referring to an event API over a reader API. Filtering, for
example, adding or removing something from a document, is
straightforward with SAX.

I was being slightly sarcastic. There are a number of people who find
SAX, or SAX-like, interfaces difficult to use, and advocate "better"
alternatives. I'm not one of them.

Similarly there are a number of people who regard the DOM as impossibly
complex. There was an earlier poster who more-or-less described the DOM
in Java as dead. That's not my experience, and it's not my opinion.

It's a long winded way of saying there is no one-true-way to process
XML, no one way is universally better than any other.

Jez