From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-07 13:54:24

Robert Ramey wrote:
> I have made some tests to compare serialization of different types of data
> different archives and to compare against raw i/o.
>
> So far so good.
>
> Now I would like to alter my test/Jamfile to achieve the following:
>
> a) I would like to run a command after the test run to display the size of
> the test executable.
> b) I would like to run a command (gprof) after the test for certain tests.

Hm, not easy. Only two ways, you make the running of those part of the
test programs. Or the BB testing needs to change to support specifying a
wrapper program to run.

> I would hope that the
> output of these post processing command would appear in the output log of
> the standard
> output.

It would if it's run as part of the run-test.

> c) I would like to inhibit the running of these tests when the build is in
> debug mode.

Would you need anything more than specifying "<debug><build>no" on the
requirements?

> d) I intend to uses these in my own environment as this would impose extra
> burden on testing
> and I don't really need to run this stuff except for once in a while.
> However, I'm am curious how one achieves the effect of the config_info test
> on the main test matrix whereby the test passes
> but still produces a link to the test output.

I don't know how that's done either :-\ Would be nice to know.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything