From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-07 14:46:39

I've recently uploaded the program compiler_status_2.cpp to the vault. It
was there before but due to things beyond our control files in the vault
were lost so I uploaded it again. Previously it had a respectable number
of downloads.

The difference between the version and the official compiler_status.cpp is
that the table generated displays results of all the builds rather than
just one. I find it very helpful since different compilers require
different
builds (static/dynamic, etc) and I also occasionally build for release.
This lets me easily see which problems are associated with
particular build settings. It also allows me to leave all my build/test
results permantently on my machine. Every time I run a test
the table is updated and I can see all my tests at once.

I had hoped that these improvements might be incorporated
into the "official" version. I still hope that this or something
like it can occur. Its not a huge issue for me as it has worked
well for me as is but I think this "superset" of the original
would be valuable to others.

Robert Ramey