From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-07 16:28:09

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply, but I keep getting my messages rejected when I
> use a different smpt-server. Very annoying.
>

>> It seems like it should be
>>
>> range_iterator<vint const>::type ==> std::vector<int>::const_iterator
>>
>> I know we discussed this before. Thorsten, are you planning to make
>> this change?
>>

> yes, and many more. I do wonder how I should tacle the fact that the upgrade
> will break a lot of code. Maybe I should put the new version in different
> directory, say boost/range/new/...

I suppose we ought to have standard guidance to authors on this, but the
usual process goes something like: warn that the interface is
deprecated, but maintain it for a release. Then remove it in a later
release. If the changes are such that the new stuff cannot coexist with
the old you might need to wrap the deprecated code in a macro and
explain how to get the old interface during the interim...

Jeff