From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-10 12:08:54

Wow - that is very interesting information for me. It turns out that 1.33.x
does
not use strmp for this purpose so maybe it will be faster. This kind of
result
is very much in line with my experience with profilers. It almost happens
that the bottlenecks turn out to be in the last place I would have looked
!!!

So I am anxious to get at least the gcc profiler working for some
serialization
performance tests.

Thanks for this very useful information.

Robert Ramey