From: me22 (me22.ca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-11 00:27:12

On 10/11/05, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Boost::lambda has for loops, neh?

Exactly.
( http://boost.org/doc/html/lambda/le_in_details.html#lambda.lambda_expressions_for_control_structures
for more details )

That being said, would it be a wise design choice to need large
amounts of code in a FINALLY block?

> Practically speaking, destructors are much better than catch(...) for
> finally-like operations on many platforms. Several of them have a
> similar problem to Windows, where catch(...) catches asynchronous
> exceptions.

I meant using them inside the destructor call to prevent any
exceptions from escaping the destructor.

And lambda continues to impress--I hadn't realised that lambda already
has the try_catch functor magic ( that I mentioned above ) already
implemented =)

  - Scott McMurray