From: Boris Burger (Boris.Burger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-11 06:00:06

Hello,
the issue with extra semicolons at namespace or class scope
is surely nothing new and has been discussed extensively.

Still, I am not able to handle its incarnation in ptr_container
sources, with G++ 3.4.5 (-ansi -pedantic). It goes like this:

In ptr_map_adapter.hpp (and elsewhere), definition of class template
ptr_map_adapter_base contains:

        BOOST_PTR_CONTAINER_DEFINE_CONSTRUCTORS(
                ptr_map_adapter_base, base_type );

at class scope. G++ 3.4.5 reports the extra semicolon as
an error (-ansi -pedantic warning level is rather strict here).

Due to our company's policy lowering the warning levels is not an
option. Patching the ptr_container classes would do the trick
but that would require rather painful process of going through
the Boost sources with each new version and removing extra
semicolons.

What is your opinion on this, please?

Regards,
Boris