From: Jan Stetka (janpstetka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-14 11:50:10

So what benefits are we going to see from c++/cli for boost and what
negative effects would it have?
I would have thought it would use more memory. I've always found .net
and COM for that matter virtually impossible to write readable code
with. Making C++ more runtime is unneccesary. We (I think I speak for
more than myself) don't want another layer between C++ and the operating
system. We know what types were using and don't need the language to
tell us.
On the other hand Boost's future on the Microsoft platform would be
ensured by this move as ms are stopping supporting (alledgedly) the
win32 api. A number of boost libraries rely on win32 api.

Jan