From: Darryl Green (darryl.green_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-15 06:36:49

Hex data formatting (or any data formatting) shouldn't be part of the library.
Or if it should, it probably means the lib shouldn't be dragging in all that
std streams stuff that is supposed to be responsible for formatting...

GUI, od, dumpasn1, whatever works for you. Not the library.

> I agree. No need for customization. I just gave an example of format I am
> using: both hex and real data alongsize (they all actually in the same line
> above).

If the library did do formatted hex dumps chances are I wouldn't use it because
it would either be not the format I wanted or so damned complicated it was
easier to write the code to produce the format I wanted than to use it.