From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-17 05:17:27

> I am working on a new library. It is a computational framework where
> the computations follow the following pattern:
>
> - Users build a computational object by selecting the computations
> they are interested in (or author their own computational
> primimtives which fit within the framework).
> - Users push data into the object one sample at a time
> - The object computes the requested quantities in the most
> efficient method possible (resolving dependencies between
> requested calculations, cacheing intermediate results, etc.)
> - The object may or may not be stateful.
>
> What should such a library be called? Is there an accepted term for
> such a computational model?

I don't know if there is an accepted term, but it sounds a little like an
"accumulator". I thought of using a model like this for a statistics lib,
but never got around to writing it (it's an excellent way of calculating the
mean + std deviation etc).

It's also a lot like an output iterator :-)

John.