From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-17 18:40:44

"Michael Goldshteyn" wrote:

>> FC++ was reviewed (cca year ago) with negative result.
>> I am not sure how much of work has been done on it afterwards.
>>
> Do you or anyone else have any recollection on why it got a negative
> result to its review?

1. low quality and quantity of examples, no tests
2. some parts of the library were redundant with existing libraries
3. people not familiar with functional programming asked for
introduction into it, the documentation assumed quite a lot
of pre-existing knowledge
4. details in the code, naming conventions

The discussion about the library was long and intensive
and the decision not to accept it was made after long
consideration. It is pity the development stopped afterwards.

I am not aware of anyone picking it or creating similar tool.

/Pavel