From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-21 16:25:26

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Alexander Ivanov <amivanov_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Lunes, Noviembre 21, 2005 9:37 pm
Asunto: Re: [boost] multi_index problem in VC 7.1

> I'm having trouple compiling multi_index_container<> with VC++7.1
>
> I started from bidirectional_map example from the library
> (http://www.boost.org/libs/multi_index/doc/examples.html#example4),
> that compiles and works just fine.
>
> then i've added third tempate parameter CompareLessT to the
> bidirectional map:
>
> template<typename FromT, typename ToT, typename CompareLessT>
> struct bidir_map
> {
> typedef std::pair<std::string, std::string> value_type;
>
> typedef multi_index_container<
> value_type
> , indexed_by<
> ordered_unique<
> tag<from>
> , member<value_type, FromT, &value_type::first>
> , CompareLessT>
> , ordered_unique<
> tag<to>
> , member<value_type, ToT, &value_type::second> >
> , CompareLessT
> >
> > type;
> };
>
> and it stops compiling giving me infamous INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:

e:\edatools\boost\1.32.0\boost\mpl\aux_\preprocessed\plain\apply_wrap.hpp(48)
> : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
> (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 2712)
> Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
> Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for
> more information

Hi Alexander. MSVC sometimes plays tricks on you, I cannot give
specific advice, try shuffling things around.
Sometimes, the ICE masks a real coding error, it'd help if
you could post your entire snippet to see if you inadvertently
missed something (some header, etc.)

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación Desarrollo