From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-24 12:05:10

>>> Is there any progress on a TR1 conforming tuples implementation? I
>>> seem to remember it was going to be rewritten as part of the
>>> Phoenix code?
>>

>> Fusion. The fusion code in the spirit directory *is-a* conforming
>> tuple implementation. It's been there since 1.31. We've just
>
> Oops. Lemme rephrase: The fusion code in the spirit directory
> *is-a* TR1 conforming tuples implementation.

I've tried converting the TR1 lib to use that implementation but I'm having
trouble with the std::pair interface which appears not to work:

tuple_size<std::pair<int, long> > doesn't have a data member "value"
apparently.

BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT((::boost::is_same< ::std::tr1::tuple_element<1,
std::pair<int, long> >::type, long>::value));

Fails, I'm not sure what type tuple_element is reporting though.

Finally the "get" function appears not to work with pairs.

BTW is this implmentation documented anywhere?

Regards, John.