From: Matthias Kaeppler (matthias_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-28 10:17:56

Hi,

I asked about the missing less-than equivalent to the is_equal and
is_iequal predicates in the boost string_algo library some time ago.

I was told that they are subject to enter the boost library soon (it's
actually not much more than a copy'n'paste job from is_equal). But now
since 1.33 is live and it's still not in the library, I thought I'd ask
again.

I have already written is_iless, if that is of any help:

struct is_iless
{
     is_iless(const std::locale& loc = std::locale()):
         loc_(loc) {}

     template<typename T1, typename T2>
     bool operator () (const T1& arg1, const T2& arg2) const {
         return std::toupper(arg1, loc_) < std::toupper(arg2 , loc_);
     }

private:
     std::locale loc_;
};

Any chance it will make it into the library with the next release?

Best regards,
Matthias