From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-05 11:20:47

Stefan Seefeld <seefeld_at_[hidden]> writes:

> For quite a while people have been discussing various enhancements
> to the boost infrastructure. What are these projects up to ?
> Notably:
>
> * Are there still plans to move to subversion ? If so, what is missing ?
> * What is the status of the move to boost.build version 2 ?

Those two projects are on hold until 1.33.1 is out, in some sense. I
hope we'll start with the BBv2 transition on the main trunk
immediately after the 1.33.1 release.

> * Are there still plans to 'officially' use buildbot to coordinate
> builds, test runs, and checkins ?

I don't know if that ever got to the point of being an "official"
plan. Rene was looking into it.

> I find it quite hard to interpret the regression test matrix since
> it is't obvious which test runs are in really in sync with the latest
> revision (or any revision, for that matter), and because there doesn't
> appear to be an obvious way to distinguish real test failures from
> failed prerequisites (incl. configuration errors, unsufficient resources,
> etc.)

I don't think BuildBot fixes that anyway. Would you care to suggest
some specific test matrix improvements (on the boost-testing list,
preferably)?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting