From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-06 15:55:15

On 12/6/05, Norian N <noriann_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm trying to use Boost 1.33 libs on x64 Windows platform. Have assert
> break when try to use date below year 1900.
>
> _VALIDATE_RETURN( ( timeptr->tm_year >=0 ), EINVAL, FALSE)

This is an issue with the Microsoft runtime libraries and not the fault of
Boost.DateTime.

There is absolutely no good reason for this check (IMHO). There is nothing
in the strftime code (aside from these debugging assertions) that would fail
on years prior to 1900, yet these assertions exist. I really wish they
would remove them.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com