From: Yuval Ronen (ronen_yuval_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-07 08:35:05

Hi.
I downloaded Boost 1.33.1 and tried to compile it under Visual C++ 2005
Express Edition, using 'bjam -sTOOLS=vc-8_0 stage'. It seems that
everything compiled, but with *lots* of warnings. Most of the warnings
can be devided into 4 categories:

1. option 'Og' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
2. You have used a std:: construct that is not safe. See documentation
on how to use the Safe Standard C++ Library
3. The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++
conformant name: ...
4. This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using ... instead.

I'm quite sure that they don't indicate any bug (am I right?), but I
still don't think they should show up like this and intimidate users...

Yuval