From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-10 13:56:41

At 20:08 2005-12-09, Jeff Garland wrote:
>All -
>
>Today (Dec 10th) is the start of the format review of the Asynchronous
>I/O library (asio) library by Christopher Kohlhoff. The review will run
>until Friday December 23rd.

I think we _could_ have picked a worse time to have a review if we'd
only tried a little harder. How about delaying it a week and
_really_ hitting the holidays... le't's see, we could close the
formal review at the end of the Rose Bowl game just for pizazz.

Sorry guys, I think this is one of the worst times to try to get
volunteers to do anything, let alone a serious job of reviewing a new
library. IMO, it doesn't matter if the library is perfect, there are
enough of us< who understand the problems thoroughly, who just won't
be able to cobble together the time to do an honest review.

So, given that I can't review it, I'll vote NO now (I can't vote YES
on anything I haven't read (in stark contrast to the entire House of
Representatives in the U.S. Congress)).

I do appeal to delay the actual review until AFTER New Years Day.