From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-10 15:01:57

On 12/10/05, Peter Dimov <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[snip]

> This is useful functionality, but the suggested "trivial implementation"
> breaks shared_ptr/intrusive_ptr on all legacy compilers (easy to fix) and
> carries the cost of including a type traits header (possible to fix if
> someone cares to find the time to do it).

Doenst boost have a no-sfinae-support defined when the compiler doesnt
support it? That could guard the type_traits header too.
Then the type_traits would be needed only if the compiler has support
for SFINAE. Which is ok in this case, isnt?

> Note also that the above code is not required to work with tr1::shared_ptr
> (not so easy to fix :-) ).

That really is something to think about... Now I'm not so sure anymore.

best regards

--
Felipe Magno de Almeida