From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-10 15:07:47

--- Andy Little <andy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I am currently looking at the asynchromous timer tutorial
> example. I'm not clear where the timer thread starts.
> Does it start with the call to t.async_wait(print);

No, the thread is started in the deadline_timer's constructor. To be
more specific, it is started in the first deadline_timer constructed on
a given demuxer, by the deadline_timer_service that they all share, and
the thread is shared between all timers created on that demuxer (as
well as currently being used for any asynchronous socket connect
operations too).

Note that this info is for Win32 only. Please see this page for
details:

http://asio.sourceforge.net/boost-asio-proposal-0.3.6/libs/asio/doc/design/designimplementation.html

(You can find it in your local copy of the documentation by clicking
"Design" in the top right hand corner and then clicking
"Platform-Specific Implementation" from the list.)

Cheers,
Chris