From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-12 21:42:25

Christopher Kohlhoff wrote:
> --- Caleb Epstein <caleb.epstein_at_[hidden]> wrote:
[...]
>>The Reference documentation for the library is quite good
>>overall, but it might make sense to elide some of the
>>low-level detail in places. I don't think most users will
>>care that stream_socket is simply a typedef of
>>basic_stream_socket<> (though this could be mentioned on the
>>basic_stream_socket<> documentation). The extra clicks
>>required to get at the documentation you actually need (that
>>of basic_stream_socket) can be frustrating.
>
> Some time soon I'm going to look at using doxygen's XML output
> to generate the output in a friendlier format, and when I do
> this I'll automatically clone the documentation from
> basic_stream_socket<> to stream_socket, etc. I do like how
> doxygen keeps the documentation close to the code, but I find
> its generated HTML a little quirky.

You really should look at the Doxygen XML output integration into the
BoostBook documentation chain. In particular it allows for the
integration of non-reference documentation with the reference style docs
from Doxygen. For example see the Program Options lib
<http://www.boost.org/doc/html/program_options.html> (uses Dox and
BoostBook), the String Algo lib
<http://www.boost.org/doc/html/string_algo.html> (again Dox+BoostBook),
and in CVS HEAD Xpressive which is Dox and Quickbook.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything