From: Eugene Alterman (eugalt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-14 19:47:52

"Arkadiy Vertleyb" <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> So, when I am evaluating a "Networking Library", and see that it clearly
> consideres one approach to networking inferior to the other one, and I
> think
> they both are equaly important, that means that I am in fundamental
> disagreement with the library author on the subject, and makes me wonder
> whether this is the networking library I would like to see in Boost.

"Inferiority" is not the point here.
The reason asynchronous interface is given more attention is that it is the
one that is non-trivial. The real value of this library is the asynchronous
part. There is nothing special about synchronous operations, and they have
been implemented in similar ways in dozens of networking libraries.