From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-14 20:08:29

"Eugene Alterman" <eugalt_at_[hidden]> wrote

> "Arkadiy Vertleyb" <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > So, when I am evaluating a "Networking Library", and see that it clearly
> > consideres one approach to networking inferior to the other one, and I
> > think
> > they both are equaly important, that means that I am in fundamental
> > disagreement with the library author on the subject, and makes me wonder
> > whether this is the networking library I would like to see in Boost.
>
> "Inferiority" is not the point here.
> The reason asynchronous interface is given more attention is that it is
the
> one that is non-trivial. The real value of this library is the
asynchronous
> part.

OK

> There is nothing special about synchronous operations, and they have
> been implemented in similar ways in dozens of networking libraries.

See, I don't care much about other libraries -- I am not going to use them.
But if this one becomes part of Boost, I may start using it, and so I would
like it to have what I need, with a clean interface, and implemented in a
clean way.

Regards,
Arkadiy