From: Manfred Doudar (manfred.doudar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-15 06:52:42

Andy Little wrote:
> Hi Cristopher,
>
> Some impressions of the Asio library, bearing in mind that I am a complete
> novice in this area, so the impressions are written from an ignorant viewpoint!

For what it's worth, I must concur with Andy on this one ... I too find
myself a novice in this domain, and while I do follow the examples, I
find that there is a disturbing lack of motivation in the documentation
as to why we do this or that.

That being said, I realize that we are speaking of a discipline that is
learnt with study and a great deal of practise, and so, I also don't
expect the documentation to be a substitute for much of that either.

Nonetheless, I reach very much the same conclusions as Andy had done,
and for what it is worth I also vote Yes, for inclusion of Asio into
Boost - if only on the back of others praise for the work.

I think Christopher has done an admirable job on this work, and it still
amazes me that Asio remains a header only implementation - it certainly
is a most comendable effort.

... I certainly like to think that I'll use this library in future, even
if only for my own erudition in the subject.

Great job Chris!

> [snip ... pertinent dialogue of Andy's]

Cheers,

--