From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-15 14:11:14

"christopher baus" <christopher_at_[hidden]> wrote

> As with a lot of
> technologies that are shiny and new, I think the industry has put too much
> emphasis on threads as the solution to all concurrency problems. I think
> we understand the problems better now.

What you can't take away from threads, though, is that they do help to
manage complexity by decoupling the networking issues from the processing
algorithm, whereas with asynchronicity you have to specifically re-write you
algoritms to work in asynchronous way. AFAIK, it is generally agreed that
threads are easier to write/understand/debug than asynchronous calls. Than
what is your definition of superiority? If this is only about performance
issues, we are not on the same page.

Regards,
Arkadiy