From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-15 15:29:05

Guys,

This general discussion about which approach to networking is superior is
very interesting (and useful for me personally), but I think we moved off
topic.

I think Chris (the author of asio) agreed that both approaches are valid,
and claimed he gives both of them appropriate attention.

So now, since I pointed to what I believe is a problem with the synchronous
interface in asio (socket dependency upon the demuxer), doesn't the critique
of synchronous approach sounds a little bit like:

"It is inferior anyway, so it's a goot thing that it's not clean" ?

Because nobody yet tried to convince me that socket dependency upon demuxer
(even if for synchronous IO only) is a good thing.

Regards,
Arkadiy