From: Steven E. Harris (seh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-19 19:02:40

Peter Dimov <pdimov_at_[hidden]> writes:

> The problem with the above apporach is that most code will end up
> using the global demuxer because this is the path of least
> resistance. When it turns out that the code needs to be refactored
> to use a specific demuxer, the programmers would need to go over it
> with a fine-toothed comb

We had this exact problem with a large application built atop
ACE. Within ACE, there are a few areas where one can refer to "/the/
reactor" rather than "/a/ reactor" or "/this/ reactor", mostly for
convenience. We had our reasons for creating and passing around our
own reactor, but it was difficult to ensure that all the
reactor-dependent code explicitly used the proper reactor instance.

--
Steven E. Harris