From: Cliff Green (cliffg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-19 19:43:00

>> The problem with the above apporach is that most code
>>will end up
>> using the global demuxer ...

> We had this exact problem with a large application built
>atop
> ACE. Within ACE, there are a few areas where one can
>refer to "/the/
> reactor" rather than "/a/ reactor" or "/this/ reactor ...

I really dislike the ACE singleton interface in the
Reactor (and in some other classes), for the same reasons
already described. In particular, an application might use
a library that internally uses the Asio singleton demuxer
- now the application's use of the singleton demuxer might
conflict. This dislike is based on real-life use cases
(with ACE), btw. Please don't add a singleton demuxer
interface.

Cliff