From: Eugene Alterman (eugalt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-21 22:54:25

"Christopher Kohlhoff" <chris_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> - You must run() the io_system object for it to perform
> asynchronous operations on your behalf.

Just to be precise, if asynchronous i/o is real (not emulated) you don't
have to do anything for the operation to be performed, and run() will just
demultiplex completion events. This BTW brings up a question of possible
portability issues resulting from such a difference in behavior.
I also think that 'run' is not descriptive enough, especially if the class
name becomes 'io_system'. Something like dispatch_events() may be?