From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-23 00:18:43

On 12/22/05, Christopher Kohlhoff <chris_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> But if your use case is as you described before, where you only
> have one or a small number of sockets, then why not just compile
> for a Linux 2.4 target only? The select-based implementation
> will do just fine since you've only got a very small number of
> sockets involved, and you'll get your portability.

I'd like to request the addition of a macro or some other means to force the
choice of a select-based demuxer, even when compiling on a platform that
supports epoll. For example, I might end up compiling binaries on
2.6-basedsystems but wanting to run them on
2.4-based ones. There doesn't seem to be any way to do this currently.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com