From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-23 00:26:05

Hi Christopher,

--- christopher baus <christopher_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I've been playing around with ways to remove some of the hits
> to the global allocator from asio/detail/reactor_op_queue.hpp,
> and decided to try an alternative approach to pooling.
<snip>
> This doesn't address the bigger problem of the handler
> allocation, but pre-allocing of the hash_map on *nix makes me
> a bit happier with the implementation.

Nice stuff. I'll try to integrate it soon.

What I might also do is extend the list policy so that insert
and erase operations take an allocation traits object. That way
I can use the per-handler custom allocation for list nodes in
the hash maps where entries are associated with operations, and
your pooled hash map for everything else.

Cheers,
Chris