From: Oliver.Kowalke_at_[hidden]
Date: 2005-12-23 06:31:01

Hi,
Strange - the segmentation fault disappears if I link with the
debug-version of libboost_signals (-lboost_signals-gcc-d-1_33_1)!
It seams to me that some assert statements contain required code
(removed in release version if signals)?!

>> I get an segmentation fault if I try to link against
>> libboost_signals-gcc-1_33_1 or libboost_signals-gcc-mt-1_33_1!
>> The application consist only of an empty main function and the binary
is
>> linked against the signals library.
>> I've appended an output (tusc.out) of tusc (trace unix system calls)
>> which indicates, that exit(11) is called and so a core dump created.
>
>Can you run the program under gdb debugger, and when hittin segfault
>produce
>backtrace with the "backtrace" command. That will be more usefull, in
any
>case, then syscall trace.

I'm not familiar with gdb! What I did (hopefully correct):
[src]$ /opt/langtools/bin/gdb32 test
HP gdb 5.2 for PA-RISC 1.1 or 2.0 (narrow), HP-UX 11.00
and target hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00.
Copyright 1986 - 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Hewlett-Packard Wildebeest 5.2 (based on GDB) is covered by the
GNU General Public License. Type "show copying" to see the conditions to
change it and/or distribute copies. Type "show warranty" for
warranty/support.
..
(gdb) run
Starting program: /eda-home/kowalke/Projects/test/debug/src/test

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault
  si_code: 0 - SEGV_UNKNOWN - Unknown Error.
0xc0017cd8 in <unknown_procedure> ()
(gdb) backtrace
#0 0xc0017cd8 in <unknown_procedure> ()
warning: Attempting to unwind past bad PC 0xc0017cd8
#1 0xc0027400 in <unknown_procedure> ()
#2 0xc0027400 in <unknown_procedure> ()
Error accessing memory address 0x3e7: Bad address.