From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-23 10:36:22

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:31:01 +0100
<Oliver.Kowalke_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Strange - the segmentation fault disappears if I link with the
> debug-version of libboost_signals (-lboost_signals-gcc-d-1_33_1)!
> It seams to me that some assert statements contain required code
> (removed in release version if signals)?!

You have to make sure you link with a library that matches your bild.
Specifically, you have to match with multithread issues, because
shared_ptr<> (among other things) uses a lock based on compile time
macros. Since signals uses shared_ptr<>, you have to link with the
right lib that matches your build options.