From: Thomas Porschberg (thomas.porschberg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-28 07:14:56

Hi,

I want integrate some of the boost libraries in a project which
has the GNU autoconf/automake tools as build system.

I have to cope some questions like:
Where is your boost library installed ?
Is the version of your boost-lib recent enough ?
Can I compile a small program using the boost libraries ?

Unfortunately I'm not an experienced GNU auto[conf/make]
user. But I note that a lot of software components come with a
m4 macro to support the configuration process.
I found a boost.m4 file at http://alien.cern.ch/cache/org.glite/project/boost.m4.
I tried it to include to my project but it needs some revision.
Can someone from the boost people give some advice ?
I know that boost does use bjam. But GNU auto[conf/make] are
very common(due to cygwin/mingw even under windows) so that I hope
to find an answer.

best regards,
Thomas