From: Marshall Clow (marshall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-29 13:12:45

At 5:05 PM -0700 12/22/05, Jeff Garland wrote:
>On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:58:12 -0800, Marshall Clow wrote
>

> > If you think that a bug has been assigned incorrectly, please let me
> > know.
> >
> > Bug counts per assignee:
> >
> > Mike Glassford 13
> > Doug Gregor 8
> > Stephen Cleary (shammah) 6
[snip]

> > Six weeks ago: 93 open bugs
> > Five weeks ago: 95 open bugs
>> Four weeks ago: 77 open bugs.
>> Three weeks ago: 70 open bugs.
>> Two week ago: 64 open bugs
>> One week ago: 65 open bugs
>> Today: 64 open bugs
>>
>> Now that 1.33.1 has been released, let's get these bugs cleaned up...
>> Thank you for your cooperation!
>

>Hi Marshall -
>
>Thx for keeping this up. I have a question, though. I'm wondering if Mike
>Glassford or Stephen Cleary (2 of the top 3) are really going to ever address
>their bugs in the near future? My guess is no. Perhaps we should consider
>closing some of these out as 'will not be fixed -- no active maintainer'?

Jeff -
I think that closing these is the wrong thing to do.

Rather, we should find someone who is interested in maintaining those
libraries,
or possibly, remove them from boost - since they contain bugs and are
no longer maintained.
[ My 2c, obviously. ]

>Taking it from another angle, by my count we have the following historical
>breakdown:
>
>Opened in 2002 - 9
>Opened in 2003 - 3
>Opened in 2004 - 12
>Opened in 2005 - 37
>
>Seems to me that the 24 issues that are now over a year old really should be
>evaluated for validaty or closed as unlikely to ever be fixed. Thoughts?

I agree that they should be evaluated for validity. I'll bet that a
lot of them have been fixed; since I started nagging people, many
bugs have been closed with "oh yeah - that was fixed in 1.32" type
comments. If they're still valid bugs, and are on supported
platforms, then they should be remain open until they are fixed.

--
-- Marshall
Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <mailto:marshall_at_[hidden]>