From: Thomas Porschberg (thomas.porschberg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-30 07:43:30

> I hacked up the following M4 macro for Boost a while ago. The version
> detection might be a bit better in this macro, because it checks the
> Boost version in the Boost version header (instead of checking the
> include directory).
Yes I see. In my version I search for the newest boost version and
take the version number from that include directory.
I should refine my macro, if I find multiple boost installations
I could use your approach for the newest directory version.
However the fallback alternative with BOOSTROOT looks fine too
(CXXFLAGS can be extended by $BOOSTROOT) but how is it possible
to determine the linker path (LDFLAGS) in
such a case. As long as not installed all the libraries reside in their
$BOOSTROOT/bin/boost/libs/<special-dir> ?