From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-30 10:15:08

On Dec 30, 2005, at 7:43 AM, Thomas Porschberg wrote:
> but how is it possible
> to determine the linker path (LDFLAGS) in
> such a case. As long as not installed all the libraries reside in
> their
> $BOOSTROOT/bin/boost/libs/<special-dir> ?

When I wrote the macro, I didn't even think about LDFLAGS. Actually,
we might not have had any libraries that had compiled bits with them
back when I wrote it :)

Finding the LDFLAGS could be a bit tricky. We could probably assume
that Boost has been either installed or staged; if staged, we can
find the libraries in $BOOST_ROOT/stage. If installed, we'd need to
directory for $BOOST_ROOT, e.g., if it's something like

        /usr/local/include

then we strip off "include" and replace it with "lib":

        /usr/local/lib

I'm guessing it will take us a few iterations to get the right scheme
to find the lib directories on each platform, especially with several
Linux distributions installing in different ways.

        Doug