From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-08 22:34:44

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:45:49 -0500, David Abrahams wrote
> "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> writes:

> >> Seems like a good idea. Let's get rid of 2.95.3.
> >
> > I concur -- it's time to drop support for this old thing.
>
> Again I have to ask: what does it mean for Boost to support (or not)
> a particular compiler?

NOT supported means to me the following:

1) No regression tests are run against the compiler
2) No new libraries will be ported to the compiler/platform
3) Existing libs can remove work-arounds in code

The big one, to me, is #1 because it removes work for testers and library
authors.

> Maybe we ought to be instituting a firmer notion of what "supported"
> means.

Agreed.

Jeff