From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-12 05:24:15

Guillaume Melquiond wrote:

> Le mardi 10 janvier 2006 à 12:33 +0100, Markus Schöpflin a écrit :

>> Attached patch also changes the test for __DECCXX__ to __DECCXX,
>> because this is the macro that the Tru64/cxx compiler defines. Also
>> I'm wondering what the test for __digital__ is supposed to do, AFAIK
>> there are only cxx and g++ available for this platform anyway.
>
> I don't have access to an Alpha computer, so I can't test for such
> patches. Alpha support was submitted by Felix Höfling and he may have
> had some reasons to test for these macros.

OK, I left it alone then.

>> The same problem exists for g++ on alpha but I don't know if the
>> presence of dynamic rounding can be checked for this compiler. Anyway,
>> the needed flag to enable dynamic rounding is -mfp-rounding-mode=d on
>> this compiler. I could add this to the test Jamfile, too.
>
> Since you have CVS access, please commit your patch both on the
> preprocessor file and the jam file.

Done. I have enabled dynamic rounding for both cxx and g++ on Tru64 and
added the check to the header file for cxx. As g++ doesn't define a macro
for the rounding mode, this check cannot be done for g++, AFAICT.

> I hope you don't mind me pushing the maintainership of the interval
> library on Alpha to you :-). This is especially true for the Jamfile
> modifications since I don't have any way to test them.

No problem. I just wanted to ask before I go and make changes to your
library. Now let's see what failures remain, maybe I'll find a fix for them.

> Thanks a lot for your work.

You're welcome.

Markus