From: Timo Geusch (timo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-15 04:02:08
I hope that I'm not duplicating anybody's effort here - if I am, please
get in touch so we can coordinate said effort.
Anyway, to the subject at hand. About a year ago I posted a few results
of my subsequently aborted attempt of getting Boost to work with the
SunStudio 8/5.5 SUN compiler. Just about the only library I managed to
get to work was the smart_ptr library. This still stands - I'm getting
the impression that that particular compiler ran into even more hiccups
with later versions of Boost.
I've finally managed to get myself a decent spec SUN workstation and
thanks to SUN now providing SunStudio 11 for the cost of a download, the
latest compiler as well.
Just got the whole shebang installed and attempted to compile boost
without any configuration apart from adding the compiler to my path. The
result looks pretty good so far - there are still a couple of
compilation issues (most seem to be centred around
type_traits/is_enum.hpp) and several link failures. I'll be looking into
these hopefully over the next couple of weeks. So far, the overall
results look a lot better compared to Studio 8 - after a build of the
'state' target with the basic sunpro tool set and absolutely no changes
to the existing 1.33.1 configuration, bjam reports the following:
...failed updating 360 targets...
...skipped 192 targets...
...updated 877 targets...
IME that's a massive improvement over results I got previously.
Once I got to look into the problems above I should be able to set up a
regular regression test and provide the results but I'm probably getting
a tad ahead of myself...
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk