From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-15 06:25:28

On Sunday 15 January 2006 10:02, Timo Geusch wrote:

> I've finally managed to get myself a decent spec SUN workstation and
> thanks to SUN now providing SunStudio 11 for the cost of a download, the
> latest compiler as well.

Is this a download available to the public?

By the way do you run a x86 based or SPARC based work station? I belive
Sun claim source compatibility on Solaris10 but it would be nice to know what
you are working on.

> Just got the whole shebang installed and attempted to compile boost
> without any configuration apart from adding the compiler to my path. The
> result looks pretty good so far - there are still a couple of
> compilation issues (most seem to be centred around
> type_traits/is_enum.hpp) and several link failures. I'll be looking into
> these hopefully over the next couple of weeks. So far, the overall
> results look a lot better compared to Studio 8 - after a build of the
> 'state' target with the basic sunpro tool set and absolutely no changes
> to the existing 1.33.1 configuration, bjam reports the following:

Hmmm - are there work-arounds for known compiler bugs activated in boost
config when you set sunpro? If there are, they may be worth looking into. I
am saying this because I am hopeful Sun are fixing their compiler. This is
based on statements that they intend to support Boost with their compiler -
and they do not seem to participate in efforts to add workarounds for their
bugs in Boost.

> ...failed updating 360 targets...
> ...skipped 192 targets...
> ...updated 877 targets...

the numbers seem to be low to me, I get more than 9000 targets for all of
boost. Do you try with all of boost or only parts?

> IME that's a massive improvement over results I got previously.
>
> Once I got to look into the problems above I should be able to set up a
> regular regression test and provide the results but I'm probably getting
> a tad ahead of myself...

sounds good.

regards,
Bjorn Roald -- hopefull :)