From: Timo Geusch (timo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-15 14:00:21

Beman Dawes wrote:
> "Timo Geusch" <timo_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>

>> regular regression test and provide the results but I'm probably getting
>> a tad ahead of myself...
>>

> I'd really like to encourage you to start posting regression results for the
> SunStudio 11 compiler.

I will be. It's a matter of time for me - like just about everybody else
on this list I've got a day job as well to pay for toys, err, the
mortgage...

My current plan is to get the compiler config sorted out to the point
where it builds as much of Boost as I can get done within a week or so.
Once that's done then I'll get cracking on the regression testing - as
it's my box there's nothing to stop me from setting up a nightly cron to
run the tests against CVS-HEAD, but I'm not there yet.

That said, one of the reasons I got this box here was to do exactly that.
> Steve Clamage at Sun has said he would like to see Sun doing better with
> Boost code, and they are doing some internal testing to ensure this. But
> there is nothing as good as regular posted regression tests for boosters to
> work with.
Understood.

> There is a mailing list (see
> http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-testing) just to help
> folks wishing to contribute regular test runs. The folks that follow that
> list are very helpful in getting set up to do regular tests.

Thanks, I'll subscribe there once I take the first hurdle.

Regards,
Timo